Friday 11 March 2011

Dear Taxation Without Retaliation,

Dear Brightsiders,

     Imma gunna let you finish, but this blog is strictly for lashing out at an otherwise mellow society (it also has one of the best albums of all time...just sayin').  There is far too much coddling here in the lives of these British students: tuition es poco o nada, first-year grades are laughably suited for "finding oneself", and the pound remains free from our pesky exchange rates.  What I'm getting at here, if you'll read between the lines is: WE are poor.  WE are beaten down by an educational system of Nazi-esque suffocation.  [We are Legion.]  And we are, once again and for always, quite poor.
     Jealous am I?  Absolutely.  But I will not stand for it.  Therefore, on March 26th (NOT...!...not the 26th of March, cus that's just ludicrous), I - the royal blog 'WE' - will be attending the March Against Cuts.  I/WE will wear my smile and voice my outcry against god knows what's going on in the British government.  However, behind that facade will be a smile of much a different sort: one of vengeance!  One of smugness.  And one of ill-restrained peace.  For I/WE have a suspicion that all these marches have been a desperate attempt to stay 1-up on the visiting American students.  In other words, 'na na na na, we don't pay and you still do'.  How dare they!  How dare them!  How dare America!  For the record, I submit that the US government pay our tuition while we are abroad, if only to reiterate the royal ass-kicking of 1776.  Queen, WE still know where you live (I think...some of us were a little lost when I WE wandered over to the area so who knows.  Might have been a Subway restaurant or a BK - they're everywhere now!).  Regards, and God bless.

               Love,
                      The New Sons and Daughters of Liberty, post-dated 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment